Thursday, February 18, 2010

Valentine's Day

Saint Valentine's Day has sadly been taken over and commercialized by romantic expressions of erotic love when in fact it is meant to teach us the value of real love.
When we say to someone "be my Valentine" we are asking that person to be the one who helps us to know the Caritas of God, to help us learn to love as God loves. That is the greatest gift we can give to another,and that is what we should be for others if we really love them. I read this in a magazine and I want to share this . I am the first one to admit that I don't follow that all the time.

Anyway My valentine gave me a beautiful pot of tulips that morning but later we had to take that for a friend as we did not have time to buy something else( on my request) . But next day my sweet heart upgraded and brought me beautiful bouquet of Roses. We also went with 7 other couples to have dinner . I felt it was too many people as we had to shout across the table or only converse with the couple in front of you. No matter what it was fun to celebrate among friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment